- Guest Editor, Special issue of Elsevier Computer Networks journal on Advances in Experimental Wireless Platforms and Systems (with Professors Stefano Basagni and Tommaso Melodia).
Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member
- IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), 2023
- IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2023.
- IEEE/IFIP Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services Conference (WONS), 2023.
- ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation & CHaracterization (WiNTECH), 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.
- Publication Chair, IEEE/IFIP Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services Conference (WONS), 2023.
- EDAS Chair, ACM International Conference on Underwater Networks & Systems (WUWNet), 2022.
- Web Chair, ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation & CHaracterization (WiNTECH), 2020, 2021.
Peer reviewer in multiple IEEE, ACM and Elsevier journals and conferences, including
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Communications Magazine
- IEEE Network Magazine
- Elsevier Computer Networks
- Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks
- Elsevier Computer Communications
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM)
- IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM)
- IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON)
- IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM)
- IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Smart Systems (MASS)
- IEEE International Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN)
- ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation & CHaracterization (WiNTECH)
Invited Talks & Presentations
- “NeutRAN: O-RAN-based Neutral Hosts,” invited talk at 1st RESTART Tech Camp on 5G and Open RAN, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy. September 2023.
- Panelist at New England Workshop on Software-Defined Radio: “Design Strategies & Methodologies for Developing SDR-Based Wireless Systems and Testbeds,” Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA. June 2023.
- “Testing Wireless Systems at Scale: Wireless Network Emulation with Colosseum,” invited talk for the class “Fundamentals of Networks,” Northeastern University, Boston, MA. April 2023.
- “An Open RAN Overview: AI, Challenges, and Experimental Frameworks,” invited talk for the class “The Internet of Things: From Technology to Applications,” University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY. October 2022.
- “OpenRAN Gym: An Open Toolbox for Data Collection and Experimentation with AI in O-RAN,” presentation at the O-RAN Global PlugFest Spring 2022. June 2022.
- “Softwarization and Openness for NextG Cellular Networks,” invited talk for the class “The Internet of Things: From Technology to Applications,” University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY. November 2021.
I am involved in the following open-source initiatives
- OpenRAN Gym, an open-source project fostering collaborative, AI-driven and experimental research in the Open RAN ecosystem.
- Open5G, an annotated list on open-source software and frameworks for programmable and virtualized 5G cellular networks.
and in the organization of the following events
- Open 5G Forum, a virtual event on open, and open source software for 5G (co-organizer, with Michele Polese).
- Colosseum Young Gladiators (2021-2023), a crash course for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers interested in using the Colosseum network emulator in their research.
- Colosseum tutorial at the ACM Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom) 2021.
- Colosseum introductory and reproducibility tutorials at the Midscale Experimental Research Infrastructure Forum (MERIF) 2023.
I have helped several M.S. students in the development of their theses, and undergraduate students working on the Colosseum wireless network emulator.